Prep time : 20 minutes—Cook time : 20 minutes
- 2 Large baking potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 4 eggs
- 2 cans (each 6oz/170g) chunk white tuna packed in water, drained
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1 tsp Dijon mustared
- 1/2 tsp dried chili flakes (optional)
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 cup Panko or regular bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350F (180C) Mix mashed potatoes, 3 eggs, tuna, green onions, dill, demon rind, mustard and chili flakes (if using) and blend well. Form mixture into 8 equal patties 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inches (3-4cm) thick. Lightly whisk remaining egg with water in a shallow bowl or pie plate. Place bread crumbs in another pie plate. Lightly dust each patty with flour and dip into egg mixture, coating both sides. Place patties on a tray and spray them lightly with cooking spray. Bake patties until tops are golden, about 10 minutes. Flip patties and lightly spray with cooking spray; continue baking for about 10 minutes. Patties are done when they are heated through and coating is golden
Tip: Serve with a dollop of tartar sauce if desired.
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil -30 ml
- 3 cups frozen hash brown potatoes – 750ml
- 1/2 cup chopped green or red pepper -125ml
- 1/3 cup onion relish -75ml
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk -50ml
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese – 250ml
- 1 Tbsp parsley – 15 ml
- salt and pepper to taste
In large skillet heat oil. Add hashbrowns and cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Add green pepper and onion relish. Cover and cook on medium heat 10 minutes or until heated through and underside begins to brown. Beat togerther eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Stir in cheese and parsley.
Pour evenly over hash browns: help mixture to seep through skillet, using spatula. Cover and cook on low heat 8-10 minutes or until eggs are set and cheese is melted.
Loosen edges and cut into wedges.